We strictly limit the use of certain service activity information that we collect. Network traffic information is used only to provide our Services, assess the performance of the network, and to prevent fraud, protect the Services, and comply with law. DNS queries are used only to allow your devices to visit the internet locations you specify, and are deleted after 24 hours, except in specific cases where we need to research a security or network performance issues, protect against security threats, or comply with a valid legal request. We do not use network traffic information or DNS searches for marketing, sales, or advertising purposes.
As to all other information we collect, FiberFirst may use the information for any of the following purposes:
- Provide our Services, including to create and maintain your account, start, receive, or discontinue service, and manage billing and payments.
- Respond to your inquiries, questions, and other requests, and provide support.
- Grow and improve FiberFirst, understand our consumer base, conduct market research and statistical analysis, understand the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns, develop new products and services, obtain insights into usage patterns, and conduct analytics on your use of the Services.
- Send you marketing materials we feel may be of interest to you and tailor the content we display to you on our Services, including advertising.
- Maintain and protect the Services, monitor performance of the Services, ensure the security of the Services, diagnose and fix technology problems, control spam, block harmful content, ensure your use does not violate our policies, and guard against inappropriate or illegal activity.
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations, establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, defend against legal claims or demands, and detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
FiberFirst may also use and share in an aggregate or de-identified manner information at our discretion, including for research, analysis, marketing, and improvement of the Services.